- Google Is Richer Than the 28 Poorest Countries Combined
- "The Manifesto of the Communist Party" Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels was one of the books that screwed up the world for having inspired the most brutal regimes in human history.
- "Wiki" in Wikipedia is the Hawaiian word for "fast"
- In the early days of film making, people who worked on the sets were called movies. The films were called motion pictures.
- Why is there water everywhere but not much to drink?
- 13% of people are left-handed, up from 11% a few decades ago. The story that right-handed people live, on average, nine years longer than left-handed people is a myth.
- Ernest Vincent Wright’s 1939 novel Gadsby has 50,110 words, none of which contains the letter e.
- When anaesthetic was used for the first time in childbirth in 1847, the mother was so amazed and relieved at how painless the birth was that she named her child Anaesthesia.
- The famous St. Valentine’s Day Massacre, in which seven Chicago gangsters were gunned down on February 14, 1929, was one of the bloodiest in mob history
- In 1859 a solar storm hit the earth (the largest in recorded history). It was caused by massive sunspots and solar flares. It was so intense that auroras were seen around the earth (even in the caribbean) and the ones over the Rocky Mountains were so bright that gold miners thought it was morning. It knocked out the telegraph systems of Europe and North America.
On faith and belief
1 month ago